Manufacturing Workers, Second Shift
Valex Corporation, located in Ventura, CA is now hiring Manufacturing Workers!
~ $16.59 ~ $30 + per hour ~ Depending on Position & Experience!
Now offering a hiring bonus to all new employees!
Valex Corporation offers excellent benefits along with the active lifestyle of a mid-sized coastal community offering many recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities. If you’re interested in working for a progressive, high-tech manufacturing company, then Valex is the place to be! We have Union and Non-Union positions and plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Our highly competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short/long-term disability. In addition, we offer a competitive 401(k) savings plan, flexible spending accounts, supplemental insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and educational reimbursement.
This is our entry-level shop position and would be a great opportunity for mechanically inclined individuals who are interested in a career in manufacturing. These are Union, hourly-non-exempt positions (overtime applies, and 2nd shift receives a pay premium) that are paid weekly. The general duties, responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
- Perform routine and repetitive activities on equipment and machinery,
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment and machines such as cleaning, adjusting, and lubricating,
- Work in one or more areas as deemed necessary by your Supervisor,
- Maintain a clean and safe work area,
- Ensure that only high-quality products are processed through the department(s) you work in,
- Ensure proper paperwork accompanies all parts you work on,
- Identify and separate non-conforming parts, scrap parts, and acceptable parts, and note such on related paperwork,
- Inform you Leadperson or Supervisor of material-, process-, or equipment-related problems,
- Follow production schedule and work in a timely and efficient manner,
- Follow all work and safety policies,
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality,
- Cooperate with supervision and co-workers.
- Mechanical aptitude is a must. You must have the ability to set up and operate various pieces of shop equipment and machinery,
- You must have good hand-to-eye dexterity,
- You must be physically able to work prolonged hours with heavy material (lifting, pushing, pulling up to 50 pounds),
- You must be able to work in a loud, dirty environment and not be overly sensitive to safe levels of airborne chemical fumes,
- If working in one of our clean rooms, you must be able to work in an enclosed temperature-controlled space with other people, while wearing head-to-toe, light-weight suits,
- You must be able to work overtime as required,
- Due to Safety and routing paperwork that accompanies our products around the manufacturing floor, you must have a good understanding of the English language and be able to read, write, speak it.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Since 1976, Valex has been the leading manufacturer of ultra-high purity (UHP) process components used in the semiconductor, TFT/LCD, and solar industries. From components to manufacturing, assembly to testing - Valex is your One Trusted Source. Over the years, we've introduced advances in electropolishing, precision cleaning, welding and developed leading techniques for spool assembly integration. We offer unprecedented capacity of stainless steel tube, fittings, valves, and manifolds. You won't find an empty help desk or stagnant innovation at Valex. Instead, you'll find an earnest and supportive customer service team, and a development crew with the drive for advancing continuous improvement and forward-thinking solutions.
Join Our Team Today!