Software Infrastructure Engineer
Link Technologies (LinkTechConsulting.com) is seeking a Software Infrastructure Engineer for a 6+ month contract opportunity for a well-established client in the Broomfield, CO area.
- AWS Project Owner and Role Manager.
- AWS IAM roles and permissions management.
- AWS security groups and network firewall rules.
- AWS VPC network management (subnets, routes, endpoints, and peering).
- AWS KMS encryption key management.
- Cloud infrastructure automation (CloudFormation, Terraform, machine imaging, auto-scaling, etc.)
- System infrastructure automation (Chef, Ansible, Puppet).
- Cloud administration (EC2, RDS, Directory Services, Workspaces, ElastiCache, S3, SQS, SNS).
- DevOps administration (Jenkins, Nexus, Kubernetes, Docker, Bitbucket, Fortify, TestRail).
- System maintenance (auditing logs, patching/upgrading software, backups, password/certificate rotations, user account management, etc.)
- Work as part of an integrated development team to build satellite ground systems.
- Work with the following software development lifecycle concepts: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Setup, maintain, secure, and configure servers running in the cloud.
- Assist in software development and testing, as necessary.
- Perform Tier 2 software application maintenance and backups on assigned systems running a variety of operating systems to include Linux and Windows.
- AWS Cloud administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring and overall support of multiple AWS C2S environments.
- Setup, install, configure AWS Workspaces, maintain, and restore backups and snapshots. Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, backup/restore, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring.
- Detect, isolate, document, quickly report, and resolve system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
- Document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
- Collect data describing the C2S environment at the time of the failure and performs other activities in support of Tier 3 maintenance investigation and resolution.
- Support systems integration groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capability Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
- Experience in system security and hardening (STIG/CIS) preferred.
- Knowledge of building, configuring, and managing these or equivalent services.
- Primary focus on Linux, with some minor experience in Windows.
- All work will be performed on site at offices in the Broomfield/Boulder area.
Link Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law.