Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Link Technologies (LinkTechConsulting.com) is seeking a Sr Linux Systems Administrator for a 1+ year contract opportunity for a well-established client in the Broomfield, CO area.
- Act as a technical and project lead in the development of advanced solutions, responsible for project direction and completion.
- Interface with internal customers, program security, and management teams in planning for, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting services and systems.
- Define, Engineer, and Maintain Linux Enterprise Services including Authentication and Configuration Management services.
- Support Secure Container software and system development efforts and projects by engineering, deploying, and maintaining container and orchestration platform services.
- Automate the installation, patching, and security compliance of Linux-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Work under minimal direction to determine, develop, and provide solutions/enhancements adhering to strict Information Systems security guidelines.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capability Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Related Bachelor’s and 12 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 18 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current TS/SCI Security and CI polygraph required.
- Certification meeting DoD 8570 compliance.
- Expertise in the following preferred:
- Red Hat Enterprise Administration with Identity Management/FreeIPA and Satellite
- Knowledge of DOD Information Assurance practices and System Accreditation processes including configuring physical and virtual hosts to DISA STIG requirements
- Experience supporting Software and Enterprise Application development environments and technologies including CI/CD processes, Container Operations, and Orchestration Platforms.
- Ansible Automation to deploy, configure, and maintain RHEL and CentOS Linux systems
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Preferred: RHCSA/RHCE Certified.
- Preferred: Experience in Scripting Languages (Python, Ruby, Bash), RHEL, Database Applications, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware Virtualization Products, Real Time Kernels, MacAfee Antivirus, and VEEAM.
- All work will be performed on site at offices in the Broomfield/Boulder area.
Link Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law.