Garco Construction, Inc. is an ENR Top 400 general contractor with offices in Spokane and Tacoma, Washington. In addition to self-performing a substantial amount of construction, Garco provides high quality design build services through our in house architect and design department, as well as through strong partnerships with local and national architectural and engineering firms. We achieve this by employing highly qualified people, emphasizing advanced technology, continuing education, high safety standards and quality control.
As a Construction Ironworker you will connect bolts, welds, and performs other activities required for assembling structural steel and placement of rebar. Some of the key items you will need to do on a daily basis will be:
- Raise, place and unite grinders, columns and structural steel members to form completed structures of frameworks.
- May signal other structural steel.
- Forcessteel members into final position using crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
- Align bolt holes for structural steel member with corresponding holes in previously placed steel pieces by driving drift pins or handle of spud wrenches through holes.
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of steel pieces using plumb bob and level.
- Bolt aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place. P
- rior to concrete pour, lay rebar as required for reinforcing.
- Welding of steel in place.
- Carrying of steel and supplies to work site.
The qualifications you need to have for this role are:
- Have Union membership
- Be comfortable working in all types of weather conditions
- Be comfortable working with and or operating: Cat line, cable with full-body safety harness, man-lift with railing, pneumatic hole puncher, pry bars, ratchet wrench, 36” sleeve bar, impact connectors, sledge hammer, bull pen and welding equipment with hood, forklift, scissor or boom lift, boom truck, crane.
- Have safety focused mindset
The salary range for this position is between $22 and $65 per hour, based on experience and qualifications.
The culture of Garco is second to none, and our employees are the heartbeat of our organization. To have the best employees in the industry, we offer some of the best benefits. Below are some of the benefits we offer when you join the team at Garco:
Garco is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.