Cement Mason Finisher
Garco Construction, Inc. is an ENR Top 400 general contractor with offices in Spokane and Tacoma, Washington. In addition to self-performing a substantial amount of construction, Garco provides high quality design build services through our in house architect and design department, as well as through strong partnerships with local and national architectural and engineering firms. We achieve this by employing highly qualified people, emphasizing advanced technology, continuing education, high safety standards and quality control.
As a Construction Cement Mason Finisher you will be responsible for placing and finishing concrete slabs including screeding, rodding, bull floating, edging, darbying, setting forms, and operating power troweling machines. Some of the key items you will need to do on a daily basis will be:
- Setting screeds; rodding: mucking, grading, shaping, smoothing and finishing the surfaces of freshly poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, curbs, steps, stairways, extruded barrier rails, or any other concrete surface requiring finishing; using hand-tools, including floats, trowels, screeds and straightedge.
- Removal of rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using grinder or chisel and hammer; patching holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound preparatory to sealing; molding expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers and straightedge; cutting joints with concrete saw for the control of cracks in buildings and continuous to buildings.
- Application of curing compounds, penetrating sealer and primer protective coatings to concrete traffic barriers, curbs, gutters, and sidewalks for the first 24 hours after pouring; the installation of seamless composition floors; the water-blasting for architectural finish or preparatory to patching.
- Measuring, cutting and setting of all forms; setting of barrier, wall, concrete curb, gutter, and sidewalk forms. All clean-up work required in connection with the above work
The qualifications you need to have for this role are:
- Have Union membership
- Be comfortable working in all types of weather conditions
- Be comfortable working with tools to include but not be limited to: power troweling machine, finishing tools, bull floats, hand floats, hand trowels, muck rake, wheelbarrow, shovel, brushes, sliders, hammer, level, tape measure, and sprayer.
- Have safety focused mindset
The salary range for this position is between $21 and $65 per hour, based on experience and qualifications.
The culture of Garco is second to none, and our employees are the heartbeat of our organization. To have the best employees in the industry, we offer some of the best benefits. Below are some of the benefits we offer when you join the team at Garco:
Garco is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.