Excavation Project Manager/Estimator Heavy Civil
Great benefits, competitive wages, and exciting work! Come be part of an award winning team. Flow Right Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling has been named as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation by INC 5000, Best Workplaces by the Colorado Springs Gazette and was recognized as a Colorado Company to Watch (CCTW) award.
We are currently in search of the best talent to be a part of its team. We pay competitive salaries and offer medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) plan with up to 3% matching, paid time off packages, sick time, incentive pay programs, and paid holidays as a part of our benefits package. We understand that good talent must be compensated, but we go through great lengths to make sure that we hire only the best talent. Flow Right is an innovative and growing company that is seeking to expand in territory and scope. We are looking for a few successful candidates to be an integral piece to our long-term growth.
Project Management: Duties of this position include but are not limited to ensuring high quality work on all projects, communicating goals and directions effectively to team members, job superintendents, and or Foreman. Seek out bid opportunities and secure projects with overall knowledge of design scopes. Proactively identify problem areas on projects, overcome obstacles, and provide quality control. This position is also responsible for managing subcontractor performance, job budgets, change orders, cost codes, cost reporting, purchase orders, and must have a full understanding of job design.
Estimator: Must demonstrate a working knowledge of the means and methods of open cut civil construction as well as identify advantages, disadvantages, problem areas, costs, and profitability of projects during the bidding process. Prepare and ensure complete and accurate bid sheets are ready before each bid day, closing bids on bid day, and having thorough understanding of plans and specifications. Soliciting subcontractor quotes is also required. This involves maintaining good faith documentation, receiving a minimum of three quotes for subcontract work, evaluation of quotes, and conducting pre-job planning meetings with appropriate colleagues.
- 3+ years’ experience in heavy civil construction, specific to commercial, muncipal and State Highway Work. Water, Sewer, Storm drain, concrete work, excavation, and general civil construction.
- Thorough understanding of estimating and bidding process of projects ranging from $10K to $2M.
- Must be able to multitask in order to manage existing and new projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
- Strong computer skills required. Experience with Bid to Win, Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and ProContractor/ Viewpoint are desired.
- Must have a valid Driver's License without any alcohol violations in the past 3 years.