Front of House
Blondies Bagels and Cafe on Daniel Island is a bustling, fast paced counter cafe serving both breakfast and lunch. We are in our 7th year of business and have become heavily integrated in the community. The restaurant is open M-F 7am to 2pm and Sat/Sun 7am to noon.
We are looking for full time or part time front of house employees. This role includes:
· Take customers' orders in person and via the phone.
· Operate point of sale POS software.
· Serve food, beverages, or baked goods to customers in a counter setting.
· Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, and accept payment or make change.
· Prepare food items using Blondies standards and directions.
· Wrap menu items for serving or for takeout.
· Replenish foods in serving and display areas.
· Brew coffee and tea.
· Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
· Deliver orders to kitchen and pick up and serve food when it is ready.
· Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
· Scrub and polish counters and other equipment.
· Organize dining areas for continual use of patrons throughout the day.
· Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
· Stock and organize shelves and refrigerators.
· Remove trash and clean garbage containers.
· Receive and store food supplies in refrigerators and storage areas.
· Judge the quality of product and service.
· Communicate with supervisors, peers, or subordinates.
Our front of house staff makes between $18 and $25 dollars per hour including tips. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off (based on tenure). We are a great team and take tremendous pride in our staff! We would love the opportunity to discuss this position with you further.